Ok so I am sick of this room & looking out of this ONE window. The food sucks & I want something HOMEMADE, not given to me on a tray. The mom's of patients here get to eat for free 3 times a day & that's nice. It would be better if they gave me the money & I got to run across the street to Copeland's.
Jax's breathing is good. He is doing breathing treatments every 2 hours, once a day steroids, another antibiotic, suctioning of his nose. The Dr's are going to watch him today & make a decison about him possibly going home today. I hope so. I miss my bathtub & my bed. The couch here is hard & leather & SMALL. All night the nurses come in for vitals & breathing treatments so I can't sleep. Plus, Landon is sleeping across the room so when he snores, I have to YELL across the room for him to pipe down. Instead of the usual kick to the ribs I usually dish out. =]
We will probably have to go to Tulane tomorrow for his CF doctors to lay eyes on him. That's fine. A little drive to New Orleans won't hurt.
Jax has the most adorable St. Patrick's Day romper to wear....AT HOME. Ugh. I guess he can wear it tomorrow. Who cares, right?
So I guess I will go back to watching the news &stories about AIG & how the government needs to grow some balls & tell those selfish you-know-what's to give the money back.
Today was Jax's every-3-month Tulane visit. & again, he completely surpassed the numbers the Dr's set for him. He weighed in @ 17# 12 oz. (which I think is WRONG bc his pediatricians office had THAT number 2 weeks ago.) He is in the 75th percentile for weight & proportion. This is up from 45% in January. Dr. Hopkins said he is what they want to see a CF baby look like & that developmentally he is "way beyond his chronological age". Him smart.
We were there all of 30 min. Short visits are a good thing. =]
Jax doesn't like elevators, we learned today. He would be fine, then we would step in a elevator & wwwaaaAAHHHHHHH!! I mean, bottom lip out, tears, the whole nine. Then we would get out & he was fine. He has done that a lot lately. Just all of a sudden SCREAM!! & then we go comfort him & then he is ok.
Might be teeth? .I still don't know why the sudden out of nowhere shrill.
Anyway, here a few pictures. A few of his new teef. Yes. TEEF. The rest are from Tulane & him "going to work".
Since Easter will be here SOON, I am really excited about Jax's FIRST EASTER! He is getting Spring pictures done @ school & @ Portrait Innovations. The pictures in the studio will be taken with his cousin, Mason....but that's another entry for another day.
I ordered him a Easter basket from Pottery Barn Kids & it arrived today. It came out so cute.
The Obama Youth Corp-
For the youth today it is hard to understand parents who don't support Obama. This is common for many of the young people of this generation, just as the youth back during the civil rights era had parents who just didn't understand the racism like they saw it. Many of you are struggling with the fact that your parents just don't get it. They don't feel the same about Obama the way that you do. They still cling to their old ways of guns and bibles and greedy capitalism. You know better. You know that Obama, and the Democratic marjority, can run things better than those greedy corporations. You know that the best way to run an industry is to nationalize that industry.
That is why this thread has been created. For you, the future of our nation, to let us know who your parents are. Tell us the names of those who do not support Obama the way that you do. Let us know if your parents own guns, or wish ill will toward the government. Let us know before it is too late for you and too late for your country.
It is the patriotic thing to do. Let the government take care of this problem for you.
List your parents name here.
__________________ Things are going to change I can feel it.
Is it me or does this sound a little Hitler-like???? All I know is that reading that & then seeing the young people who actually listed the names of their parents, scares me. It truly scares me.
While reading blogs off & on all day, I saw this done a few times. Looked fun. =]
Here's how it works....
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search. b. Using only the first page, pick an image. c. Select the size of boxes as 3 by 4. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.
This is what I got:
These are the questions for each URL box:
1. What is your first name? Misty 2. What is your favorite food? Gumbo 3. What high school did you go to? Tioga/Indians 4. What is your favorite color? Robin's egg Blue 5. Who is your celebrity crush? Christian Bale 6. Favorite drink? Mojito 7. Dream vacation? Tokyo, Japan 8. Favorite dessert? Cupcakes!! 9. What you want to be when you grow up? Speaker Of The House 10. What do you love most in life? My son. 11. One Word to describe you. Confident 12. Where do you live? Baton Rouge, LA
I don't know how we do it, but for people who don't do much, we sure can dirty up mounds of clothes in a short amount of time. Landon & I have been washing/folding/ putting away clothes since 7 tonight. Of course, MOST of it was Jax's. I am really starting to hate baby clothes. They are expensive & babies can only wear an outfit ONCE bc when you wash it, it shrinks 4 sizes. So you wait until your kid is big enough to fit into something, & then when they are they mess it up & that's it. Forget about it. They will probably never put it on again. I wash all of his stuff on cold-delicate & low heat & STILL things come out the size of something the cat could wear. Maybe that's what I should do. Give it to Lou lou & make HER wear it all. She's declawed. I could probably get something on her.
I have been "tagged" about 6 times on FB with that whole "25 Things About Me" deal. So I did it. Here.*
1. I will now & forever always feel guilty about Jax having CF. It is because of me. There is no denying that.
2. I love hot tea in the mornings. Tazo "Awake" is my favorite. A little honey & I am good to go.
3. My mother will be gone 1 year this month. I honestly feel that she passed so Jax will have "extra eyes/prayers on him". This comforts me.
4. I separate the groceries into categories when I am in the check-out line. I feel as though I am helping the cashier. None have told me thank you, though.
5. ALL of my makeup is still in boxes. Lipstick. Eyeshadow. Gloss. Eyeliner. All in the boxes they were bought in. Also, I have a RUBBERMAID CONTAINER full of makeup. In boxes. 90% of it ever used. I am a sucker for pretty packaging & promises.
6. 3-4 times a week I stop @ Starbucks on my drive home for a venti Caramel Frap. Light. No whip. I feel that getting through another work day deserves a treat. This is probably why I am so fucking fat. =[
7. Until recently, I wasn't a cook. I cooked little things, but never a big meal. It was always just me. Now....whoa nelly. I am a cooking machine.
8. I wish I lived @ Target. Seriously. I would live there. AND Target.com has BETTER deals than in the stores. Landon gets tired of seeing DEBIT-Target.com on the checking account, I am sure.
9. I once dated a guy that was 18 I was 25. We got along. Then I got tired of paying for everything.
10. I drive a '09 Chevy Malibu. I love it. I feel like a grown-up & that is awesome to me. Before that, I drove a 2004 Honda Accord. 2 door. Spolier. V-tech engine. Not good for carseats.
11. I am a Conservative. I listen to Sean Hannity on my drive home everyday. I even agree with Ann Coulter sometimes. I am supposed to hate her bc the media tells me to. I think the media is a joke.
12. I did not vote for Obama. I guess that makes me racist.
13. I love LSU football. A Saturday in Tiger Stadium is something that everyone that lives here should experience. Tailgating, too. We roll hard with tailgating here.
14. I, on average, watch about 4 hours of tv a week. On Thursday's we watch The Office. Sundays we watch Big Love, Flight of the Conchords, & United States of Tara. I watch HGTV in bed.
15. I used to be very materialistic. I think that I have tones it down some since having Jax. Labels meant everything to me. Now...hell. Now that I have the financial ability to buy what I want, I don't really want to. I am TOO TIRED.
16. One of my goals this year is to taking a sewing class. I think I would really like that.
17. I would love to have an entire day devoted to Barnes & Noble. I would be in Heaven.
18. I have only met my real father a handful of times. It doesn't really bother me. I have a great step-father.
19. I have known Landon for close to 10 years. I have loved him the entire time.
20. If I have 30 bucks in my pocket, I am going straight to Hobby Lobby. I cannot stay out of that store. Buying things for my home is something my mother passed down to me, I think. Everything in our house had to be just so.
21. I eat out for lunch about well, 5 times a week. I have to get out of the office I work in. It's horrible.
22. I am a Paralegal @ a environmental consulting firm. It's not glamerous. Actually, it's quite the opposite. This isn't because of the job. It's because of the people I work with.
23. Orchids are my favorite flower. White ones. So graceful.
24. I LOVE stand-up comedy. Nick Swardson, Lisa Lampanelli, & Demitri Martin are some of my favorites.
25. I have a fear of bugs SO intense, Landon once told me I needed to see a therapist.
* While typing this, I realized what a strange individual I am. How comforting.