OH.MY.UGHHH. What a day. I guess it's safe to say that this blog is no more. How sad. How...demonic. If you stop & really think about it, it's really sort of evil. It's VERY evil. To "prey" on the convictions of SO many people, only to *poof* go away. "B" needs prayer, that much I know. She also needs a couple of days @ the ole' mental disorder treatment facility. I was a follower. Because I thought that I was a witness to His awesome power. Everyday, with every new update, I felt stronger. I felt that God could heal ANYONE. In turn, that gave me so much hope for Jax. Now I realize that Jax has tons of hope, with or without Miss Weirdo telling me about her imaginary baby's fake heart rate.
ANNNND that brings me to ANOTHER blogger who shall remain nameless for the time being. I personally believe it's totally strange to make up blog after blog after blog, & changing EVERYTHING with each new Blogger name. Hello! People remember. We have a MEMORY. If you are single-say you are single. If you are childless-say you are childless. Why make up things to share with us readers, who don't even really know you? To make yourself feel better? So we can comment you on "OMG your bag is TOTALLY CUTE, GIRL!!!!"
You are generic & your are dumb.
Onto more important things.
Jax is great. He has had a fever for about....5 days. His Dr's all say it's a fever virus & we should just let it go it's course. He is 9 months old. We can't do much @ this age.
Landon & I are great. We are e n g a g e d. The date is October 24th, 2008. The venue is reserved & the dress is on order. Me=thrilled.
Work, though. Work is work & work is sucky. Same people, different day. I am waiting for a couple of attorney's to call me back. *crosses fingers* If I don't get out of that place soon, I will cry everyday & quit. I promse. It's THAT BAD.
Ok so I am sick of this room & looking out of this ONE window. The food sucks & I want something HOMEMADE, not given to me on a tray. The mom's of patients here get to eat for free 3 times a day & that's nice. It would be better if they gave me the money & I got to run across the street to Copeland's.
Jax's breathing is good. He is doing breathing treatments every 2 hours, once a day steroids, another antibiotic, suctioning of his nose. The Dr's are going to watch him today & make a decison about him possibly going home today. I hope so. I miss my bathtub & my bed. The couch here is hard & leather & SMALL. All night the nurses come in for vitals & breathing treatments so I can't sleep. Plus, Landon is sleeping across the room so when he snores, I have to YELL across the room for him to pipe down. Instead of the usual kick to the ribs I usually dish out. =]
We will probably have to go to Tulane tomorrow for his CF doctors to lay eyes on him. That's fine. A little drive to New Orleans won't hurt.
Jax has the most adorable St. Patrick's Day romper to wear....AT HOME. Ugh. I guess he can wear it tomorrow. Who cares, right?
So I guess I will go back to watching the news &stories about AIG & how the government needs to grow some balls & tell those selfish you-know-what's to give the money back.
Today was Jax's every-3-month Tulane visit. & again, he completely surpassed the numbers the Dr's set for him. He weighed in @ 17# 12 oz. (which I think is WRONG bc his pediatricians office had THAT number 2 weeks ago.) He is in the 75th percentile for weight & proportion. This is up from 45% in January. Dr. Hopkins said he is what they want to see a CF baby look like & that developmentally he is "way beyond his chronological age". Him smart.
We were there all of 30 min. Short visits are a good thing. =]
Jax doesn't like elevators, we learned today. He would be fine, then we would step in a elevator & wwwaaaAAHHHHHHH!! I mean, bottom lip out, tears, the whole nine. Then we would get out & he was fine. He has done that a lot lately. Just all of a sudden SCREAM!! & then we go comfort him & then he is ok.
Might be teeth? .I still don't know why the sudden out of nowhere shrill.
Anyway, here a few pictures. A few of his new teef. Yes. TEEF. The rest are from Tulane & him "going to work".
Since Easter will be here SOON, I am really excited about Jax's FIRST EASTER! He is getting Spring pictures done @ school & @ Portrait Innovations. The pictures in the studio will be taken with his cousin, Mason....but that's another entry for another day.
I ordered him a Easter basket from Pottery Barn Kids & it arrived today. It came out so cute.
The Obama Youth Corp-
For the youth today it is hard to understand parents who don't support Obama. This is common for many of the young people of this generation, just as the youth back during the civil rights era had parents who just didn't understand the racism like they saw it. Many of you are struggling with the fact that your parents just don't get it. They don't feel the same about Obama the way that you do. They still cling to their old ways of guns and bibles and greedy capitalism. You know better. You know that Obama, and the Democratic marjority, can run things better than those greedy corporations. You know that the best way to run an industry is to nationalize that industry.
That is why this thread has been created. For you, the future of our nation, to let us know who your parents are. Tell us the names of those who do not support Obama the way that you do. Let us know if your parents own guns, or wish ill will toward the government. Let us know before it is too late for you and too late for your country.
It is the patriotic thing to do. Let the government take care of this problem for you.
List your parents name here.
__________________ Things are going to change I can feel it.
Is it me or does this sound a little Hitler-like???? All I know is that reading that & then seeing the young people who actually listed the names of their parents, scares me. It truly scares me.
While reading blogs off & on all day, I saw this done a few times. Looked fun. =]
Here's how it works....
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search. b. Using only the first page, pick an image. c. Select the size of boxes as 3 by 4. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.
This is what I got:
These are the questions for each URL box:
1. What is your first name? Misty 2. What is your favorite food? Gumbo 3. What high school did you go to? Tioga/Indians 4. What is your favorite color? Robin's egg Blue 5. Who is your celebrity crush? Christian Bale 6. Favorite drink? Mojito 7. Dream vacation? Tokyo, Japan 8. Favorite dessert? Cupcakes!! 9. What you want to be when you grow up? Speaker Of The House 10. What do you love most in life? My son. 11. One Word to describe you. Confident 12. Where do you live? Baton Rouge, LA
I don't know how we do it, but for people who don't do much, we sure can dirty up mounds of clothes in a short amount of time. Landon & I have been washing/folding/ putting away clothes since 7 tonight. Of course, MOST of it was Jax's. I am really starting to hate baby clothes. They are expensive & babies can only wear an outfit ONCE bc when you wash it, it shrinks 4 sizes. So you wait until your kid is big enough to fit into something, & then when they are they mess it up & that's it. Forget about it. They will probably never put it on again. I wash all of his stuff on cold-delicate & low heat & STILL things come out the size of something the cat could wear. Maybe that's what I should do. Give it to Lou lou & make HER wear it all. She's declawed. I could probably get something on her.
I have been "tagged" about 6 times on FB with that whole "25 Things About Me" deal. So I did it. Here.*
1. I will now & forever always feel guilty about Jax having CF. It is because of me. There is no denying that.
2. I love hot tea in the mornings. Tazo "Awake" is my favorite. A little honey & I am good to go.
3. My mother will be gone 1 year this month. I honestly feel that she passed so Jax will have "extra eyes/prayers on him". This comforts me.
4. I separate the groceries into categories when I am in the check-out line. I feel as though I am helping the cashier. None have told me thank you, though.
5. ALL of my makeup is still in boxes. Lipstick. Eyeshadow. Gloss. Eyeliner. All in the boxes they were bought in. Also, I have a RUBBERMAID CONTAINER full of makeup. In boxes. 90% of it ever used. I am a sucker for pretty packaging & promises.
6. 3-4 times a week I stop @ Starbucks on my drive home for a venti Caramel Frap. Light. No whip. I feel that getting through another work day deserves a treat. This is probably why I am so fucking fat. =[
7. Until recently, I wasn't a cook. I cooked little things, but never a big meal. It was always just me. Now....whoa nelly. I am a cooking machine.
8. I wish I lived @ Target. Seriously. I would live there. AND Target.com has BETTER deals than in the stores. Landon gets tired of seeing DEBIT-Target.com on the checking account, I am sure.
9. I once dated a guy that was 18 I was 25. We got along. Then I got tired of paying for everything.
10. I drive a '09 Chevy Malibu. I love it. I feel like a grown-up & that is awesome to me. Before that, I drove a 2004 Honda Accord. 2 door. Spolier. V-tech engine. Not good for carseats.
11. I am a Conservative. I listen to Sean Hannity on my drive home everyday. I even agree with Ann Coulter sometimes. I am supposed to hate her bc the media tells me to. I think the media is a joke.
12. I did not vote for Obama. I guess that makes me racist.
13. I love LSU football. A Saturday in Tiger Stadium is something that everyone that lives here should experience. Tailgating, too. We roll hard with tailgating here.
14. I, on average, watch about 4 hours of tv a week. On Thursday's we watch The Office. Sundays we watch Big Love, Flight of the Conchords, & United States of Tara. I watch HGTV in bed.
15. I used to be very materialistic. I think that I have tones it down some since having Jax. Labels meant everything to me. Now...hell. Now that I have the financial ability to buy what I want, I don't really want to. I am TOO TIRED.
16. One of my goals this year is to taking a sewing class. I think I would really like that.
17. I would love to have an entire day devoted to Barnes & Noble. I would be in Heaven.
18. I have only met my real father a handful of times. It doesn't really bother me. I have a great step-father.
19. I have known Landon for close to 10 years. I have loved him the entire time.
20. If I have 30 bucks in my pocket, I am going straight to Hobby Lobby. I cannot stay out of that store. Buying things for my home is something my mother passed down to me, I think. Everything in our house had to be just so.
21. I eat out for lunch about well, 5 times a week. I have to get out of the office I work in. It's horrible.
22. I am a Paralegal @ a environmental consulting firm. It's not glamerous. Actually, it's quite the opposite. This isn't because of the job. It's because of the people I work with.
23. Orchids are my favorite flower. White ones. So graceful.
24. I LOVE stand-up comedy. Nick Swardson, Lisa Lampanelli, & Demitri Martin are some of my favorites.
25. I have a fear of bugs SO intense, Landon once told me I needed to see a therapist.
* While typing this, I realized what a strange individual I am. How comforting.
Today was Fat Tuesday & I did not celebrate, to say the least. I brought Jax to daycare around 9 & got back & ate king cake while I watched that awful Bad Girls Club show. GOD HOW AWFUL. Bunch of cheap whores. I went to the store & spent 200 bucks on random food. The Lowes guys came over to deliver this: The one they brought last week when we moved in was dinged on the front door, so we ordered a new one.
I would like to say that I had a great day off, but I really didn't. I was R E A L L Y lazy. I picked Jax up @ 4 & he is already in bed. I fed him some apricots & green beans, gave him a bath, & a bottle....& he is passed out in his bed. Landon left for Mobile for a work thing @ 5am, so it's just Jax & I until 10 tonight. My plan is to be IN BED @ 8 pm. Reading Dexter. I doubt I read, though. I am so tired. I just want to take a hot bath, get into my comfy bed, & veg out to some HGTV.
Landon went to Mobile this morning. I really hate it when he does. I have to get up extra early. (like, 30 min.) So I can bring Jax to daycare & not be late for work. Then come home & be all lonely until 9 pm or so when he gets back. Right now it's triple sucky bc the cable man hasn't been able to get out here to hook us up this week, & won't be able to until tomorrow. Taking care of Jax by myself isn't a problem. He is @ a age (6 months) where he can sit up on his own & keep himself entertained if I put toys around him. Tonight, though, he is being extra "needy" & it has taken him almost an hour to eat a 6 oz. bottle. He wants it, then he eats for a second, then he starts looking around, then he wants to play with something else. I put him down to play & he is fine...for 6 min. Then he starts whining again. We have done this 4 times since I began this blog.
Playing is my fav.
No one to cook for means leftovers. It's Dorrito pie, ya'll!
I missed work yesterday bc Jax had Dr. appointments all day long. He had his RSV shot, his 6th month well baby visit, & a ENT check. His ears are SO infected. I hate it. All together he had 5! shots. He was a trooper though. He is getting tubes in his ears the middle of next month. I think this will help with the vomiting/wheezing/runny nose he has been having. He is ready for phase 2 foods & sippy cups. Next thing you know, he will be driving his own little self to the Dr.
The house is almost put together. What sucks is we have NOTHING. Living in that tiny house didn't allow us much room for a lot of furniture. Now we have an echo. It's weird. I guess those things come with time. What's important is we are now spaced out, instead of on top of each other. Plus, a nice sized yard, a big kitchen, a huge living room, & a EXTRA bedroom. Storage space x's 12,000!
Last night, Landon's parents & his brother, his wife, & their son came over for dinner. (I hate to even say anything on here for chance that someone would pass this along & then I would be "outed".) Landon's SIL is nice, I guess. We used to be best friends in college. But see, I'm over college. I'm over drinking & being loud & making a scene. Sorry. It's just not who I am anymore. Those WERE NOT my glory days, letmetellyou. So they come over with the 5 yr. old who forgets his manners everywhere he goes. That boy. All I can say is, when I was pregnant with Jax, & found out I was having a boy, I was scared. He makes me scared of little boys. The way he is SO disrespectful. It's just unnerving. Landon's SIL (who we will now call SIL) always sends M (her son) to Jax's room to play when they come over. I take a lot of pride in Jax's room & I hate it when M goes in there bc he pulls everything out, breaks things, tries to ride all of his baby toys, etc. It's a NURSERY. NOT a day-care for your son when he comes over. SHIT.
M was throwing pizza across the table, pretending to "smoke" with this foil he found (hello! not funny!), yelling @ his parents, had a major shit-fit when it was time to go home. I just..ugh..I will put it to you this way: JAX WILL NOT ACT LIKE THAT. I will not have that. I'm sorry, I know boys are boys, but dammit. No way in hell will I tolerate Jax acting like a effing creep when we go to visit someone. When your child plays in the master bedroom, you should probably remove them from there. If they throw food, punish them. Yelling "NO!" whenever you ask him to do something. Watching your child chase the owners cat around the house & scaring it so much that it is BEGGING to be let out, WTH? Is it me or I thought this was all common knowledge. It would break my heart to watch Jax turn out that way. It really would.
Ugh. Anyway. I'm just glad that isn't my child. I would be sad to go home everyday after work.
Last night was the first night in our new house. We love it. We started moving @ 10, & had everything out by noon. We still have things over there that we need to get (like the cat) & some boxes, but other than that, we are out. My bathtub is my favorite part of the house. It's BIG & it WORKS & it has WATER PRESSURE & the water gets SUPER HOT. Sucky part is: we don't have internet/cable right now. We ordered a FABULOUS new french-door fridge & it was delivered/installed today....with a giant ding in the front of it. Awesome. yaaaay.
I had to bring myself to the after-hours clinic today. I was going to get a little lunch from Whole Foods, but then all I wanted to do was lay down/ puke/ cry, so I drove up there. I got a shot & 2 antibiotics. Turns out I have an ear infection & respiratory infection. Right now, I feel BETTER. Not great. No more wanting to die in my car, though. That's a huge improvement.
Valentines night was great. Landon & I went to Kevin's & drank & ate about $80 worth of food. I got a little drunk on white Russians. Why I drank THAT, I don't know. We had a nice night. We went home with Jax & crawled in bed.
That's all, really. Not too much to say. It's been a pretty hectic 48 hours.
Ok. I'm already over moving. IN FACT. I still have about 4 hours worth of work to do, & guess what. I'm sitting here, with my feet propped up. Eating a Valentines Day cupcake. Because I wanna, that's why. Landon gave me $300 to go get my awesome duvet from Z Gallarie next week. Can't wait. I admit it. I'm materialistic. =[
Jax is @ Landon's aunts house for the day. Tonight, him & I are going to dinner. We love this small little place not too far from us that's on a river. It's a seafood place & it's G O O D. nom nom nom. I'm gonna nom nom nom on some fried hotness. That's what I'm gonna do.
I will update later tonight with the progress of Movefest 2009. I'm sure it will be full of bad language & bitching.